Big Break Privacy and Cookies Policy
This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.wcrs.com/bigbreak (Site). The Site is operated by WCRS, a trading division of Engine Partners UK LLP, which is registered in England with company number OC365812. (we, us and our). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information (such as your name, contact telephone number, email address) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including any information uploaded and submitted by you via the Site;
- employment details if you send us your CV, resume or other details of your employment history in connection with the advertising internship or any other vacancy or general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us; and
- a record of correspondence if you contact us.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However if you should chose to withhold the requested information, we may not be able to consider your application further.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional details of your visits to our Site including, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you to:
- enable us to process, and contact you in relation to, your application (this may include, for example, informing you on the outcome of your application, informing you of the details of any subsequent assessments required, or to help you with any technical or personal issues that you are having with the application and/or assessments);
- enable us to provide you with information you request;
- enable us to assess whether there are any other positions either at WCRS or within the Engine Group of companies that may be suitable.
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and will be anonymous to ensure that individuals cannot be identified.
For the same reason, we obtain information about your general internet usage by cookies, which launch when you first land our Site. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer.
- estimate our audience size, usage patterns and user preferences;
- improve, customise and personalise our Site and service according to individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to our Site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site.
Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web service provided by Google. Google Analytics sets 4 cookies in order to evaluate your use of the Site.
Google stores the information collected by the cookies on servers located in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You may reject or delete these cookies by following this link: https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Where we will store your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored on our secured servers at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Such data may also be processed by staff outside the EEA, who work on our behalf or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site: any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to other entities in the Engine Group of companies being any entities that are directly or indirectly controlled by or under the common with Engine Partners UK LLP.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- in the event that we sell acquire or merge with any business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to a prospective seller or purchaser of such business;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of WCRS, our customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of any personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of any such information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.